Sleeping Giant Mountain Necklace
Coordinates 48.3372° N, 88.9044° W
Located in the Thunder Bay area of Northwestern Ontario, this Canadian natural wonder is a series of mesas formed by the erosion of thick, basaltic sills on the Sibley Peninsula and resembles a giant lying on its back.
An Ojibway legend tells the story of Nanabijou, Spirit of the Deep Sea Water, who was turned to stone when the secret location of a silver mine, now known as Silver Islet, was disclosed to the white man. To this day, the great sleeping figure of Nanabijou protects the wide opening to the bay. On a little island at the giant’s feet, partly submerged shafts of the silver mine can still be seen. Many have tried again and again to pump out the flooding waters from Lake Superior to access the silver riches that lay within without success.
- Mackenzie Jones jewellery is handcrafted from scratch, each piece is unique to you.
- Created so that you can carry the mountains and your memories with you always.
- Handmade in Calgary, Canada.
- Handmade from Sterling Silver, perfect for everyday wear. Always nickel free.
- Due to the handmade nature of this product, shape and texture may vary.
Sizing + Dimensions
- Rhodium chain adjustable at 16”, 18” and 20” increments.
- Pendant measures approx. 34.75 mm wide, 6.70 mm high and 2.00 mm thick.